To prevent and reduce muscle tightness, spasms and to tone it down, muscle relaxers are used. These muscle relaxers help you feel relaxed and work wonders for you if you are into constant gymming because, at the end of the day, you’re exhausted, tired and it is pretty good to have some natural muscle relaxers for your body. Muscle Relaxers are one of a kind of drug, but natural muscle relaxers are not synthetic. They are genuine, good for health, and have no side effects in the majority of cases.
In the following article, we are going to know some of the best natural muscle relaxers. We will learn their benefits and also understand the associated mechanism. You can get some information by clicking on this.
Some Natural Muscle Relaxers
Natural muscle relaxers are very helpful in terms of alleviating pain from the whole body. They have other health benefits, so it always merits trying them as most of them come under our regular diets.
Chamomile is a very ancient herbal compound that is used to treat muscle spasms or cramps effectively. The molecules present in it are anti-inflammatory. In some parts, chamomile tea is also taken, but it is more effective when camomile essential oil is massaged to provide relief from muscle ailments. It also helps you relax sore muscles, like sore shoulders, joints, etc.
Cherries are great muscle relaxants. Marathon runners who are into constant running practice often face muscle fatigue or soreness. This leads to muscle pain and is quite difficult for runners to carry on. As a result, they take cherry juice as a part of their diet to alleviate muscle pain. It also helps in fighting post-run pain. It has antioxidants as well to prevent muscle ailments naturally.
- Blueberry Smoothies:
Smoothies are refreshing and give you a high on taste. But, blueberry smoothies are great for muscles. To accelerate muscle recovery, Blueberries should be consumed to prevent muscle ailments naturally. Blueberries are natural and have antioxidants as well. So, they help in
reducing the oxidative stress from the muscles.
- Source of Vitamin D:
Vitamins are the essential compounds present in our food to give us nutrients that we miss on regular meals. Vitamin D is essential for bones, as we know, but at the same time is excellent for our muscles. We can get Vitamin D from eggs, fish, or milk. Getting under the sun during the morning hours is also a perfect way to get Vitamin D.
- Minerals like Magnesium:
Magnesium helps in muscle and nerve function. Muscle pain occurs because of a deficiency in minerals like Magnesium. Magnesium is plenty in foods like bananas, legumes, and almonds. It is also good for the muscles, and you should have some of these foods to get some magnesium.
- Proper Rest:
What is better than sleep? The most natural and effective way to relax your muscles is to have an adequate amount of sleep. Sleep is the most honest and non-negotiable recurring activity that every organism on earth tends to have. So, sleep well; it is essential for your body and your m ind at the same time.
Pomegranates are very high in antioxidants and work wonders for your muscles. They are best for your muscle recovery and, most importantly, a rich source of various other nutrients like fibres, vitamins, and folates. So, there are fundamental reasons to have them and, if possible, have a glass of pomegranate juice for better digestion. This is a significant natural muscle relaxing food.
Arnica is a prevalent ingredient in various creams and oils for reducing bruising, especially of muscles. But, people should only use arnica topically as ingesting high doses of arnica can be life-threatening.
While some people also use arnica as a muscle relaxer, many researchers have yet to prove its effectiveness to the fullest. So, it can be an excellent natural muscle relaxing food.
Some older studies were conducted on marathon runners, and it was found that the use of arnica might reduce muscle soreness to an extent. However, another study was born and cited in the same review, which found no effect on muscle and seemed like a viable claim.
Capsaicin is found in the fleshy part of vegetables like chili pepper and provides relief from muscle pain and cramps.
Different researchers claim different things regarding the usage and effectiveness of Capsaicin. According to some research, Capsaicin works well for muscle soreness. There is also a capsaicin cream, which is effective for muscle pains and cramps as well.
Some researchers also believe that Capsaicin often reduces the density of nerve fibers underneath the skin and provides desirable relief. But, without prior consultation, this particular component should not be taken.
- Cannabidiol (CBD) oil
Some people use CBD oil to help treat chronic pain, including muscle pain, and it works to a limit.
Some researches suggest that it may also work as a muscle relaxer, and some people also use it for this purpose, as stated by some sources.
- Peppermint oil
A very popular oil is the peppermint essential oil is not suitable for everyone in the case of regular usage.
For ages, peppermint oil has been a trendy home remedy for muscle pain. Some researchers suggest that taking peppermint orally may effectively relieve pain, but consulting a practitioner is a better way before consuming it.
There is also much evidence to support the topical use of peppermint oil, especially for sprains, as it may provide a nice cooling effect, some sort of pain relief, and better muscular relaxation.
Mostly, peppermint oil is unsuitable for certain sections of people having certain conditions.
Some people use lemongrass oil or tea to treat their arthritic joint pain and inflammation.
Some sources suggest that this lemongrass may be effective in treating inflammation and nerve pain to an extent.
A very deep tissue massage from a qualified massage therapist, who is experienced well and is properly versed in this area, is a great way to relieve tension from the muscles.
One should make sure that the message should be firm but not painful. Massaging with good essential oils at regular intervals is a very effective way to alleviate muscle pains.
Some Muscle Relaxation Exercises
Some exercises are to be done to relax the muscles. Here are some of the tips to adhere to combat muscle issues. You can know more by clicking here.
- Start with taking a deep inhale, try to make a tight fist with your right hand, and keep holding it for a count of three. On an exhale, think that tension is getting drained out and then release all the tension in that right hand. Some sort of imagination is all it takes.
- Take one moment or two to focus on the difference or the gap in the sensations of a tensed muscle with that of a relaxed muscle. You would feel some sort of difference for sure.
- Now by using the same technique, slowly, one by one, try to tense and relax the muscles of your face. Make sure that you do not rush, rather make it feel like you have easy things to carry on. Now try to add tension on the inhale purposefully and try to think about relaxation as you exhale and steadily let the muscle slacken.
- Forehead: Try to frown like you are very angry or perplexed. You are doubtful about something. Now, slowly exhale and smooth it out properly. Do not be in a rush while you perform; you have ample time and continuous effort.
- Eyes: Now, after the forehead, try to screw up both of your eyes like a baby crying. After that, try to exhale and release these tensions slowly.
- Jaw and cheeks: now, after you are done with your forehead and eyes, it is time to hit your jaws and cheeks. Try to clench your teeth and jaw as if you are in anger. Now, try to slowly Exhale and relax a bit. Imagine that it is calm and quiet, and there is a sense of warmth and relaxation throughout your entire face, providing you with the best of relief.
If you are having muscle soreness Check out this amazing article Relieve Muscle Soreness.
Tense and Relax the Muscles in your Torso.
- Shoulders: Start pointing them up to the ceiling on the initiation of inhaling. Try to exhale and let them relax, and hang loose for a bit.
- Chest: Now, tighten your chest muscles on a deep inhale, and then slowly let the tension of it deflate on the exhale. Make sure that the process is gentle and steady.
- Abdomen: Then, tighten your belly as if someone is going to punch you very soon, and you have to block it without using your hand. Now, let your belly go slack. You may feel a spread of warmth and cosiness throughout your entire torso, providing you with a sense of relief and relaxation.
- Now, try to tense and relax your arms. Try to make a fist with both hands and simultaneously try tightening your biceps, triceps, and then forearms. Let the tension liberate and leave your arms that are hanging very loose.
Also, try out some effective stretching exercises for your arms to relax your muscles.
- Finally, it is the turn of your legs. These legs are the last to be approached. Try pointing your toes to the ceiling of the roof and then tighten your thighs and calf muscles at the same time vigorously. Try to let all of the tension go in a set. Now, feel the last crumbs of tension in the muscles draining from your whole body, out through your legs, and going into the ground.
Try to enjoy the experience. The process is the only thing that is to be taken care of. You should not perform the exercise for the sake of performing; you should make it seem like a cakewalk for you.
Wise people say that practice is the key. Try to practice the exercises twice a day at least and then sit quietly for about ten minutes or more if you need. Try not to practice in bed. Your motive is to teach yourself to relax, avoid teaching yourself to fall asleep. It would be a great idea to practice right before sleeping, and this will relax your body. A relaxed body would sleep better. And, sleep is the best way to relax your muscles, mind, and whole body.
Try to choose what sort of order works for you widely. Although there are several ways to completely relax your muscles, we would like to start at the top of the head, as it is the Apex and the centre of control and then work another way down. This would allow you to feel like the tension is constantly draining from the body.
Always try to level up and taking it to the next level. Just after two weeks, you may no longer need to tense the muscles because of the involvement of practice as a regular component. Make sure that you focus on each body part and simultaneously actively relaxing the muscles.
Also, you can road test it. Once you are very proficient in the following exercises, you may start to use these exercises whenever you feel tensed or feel heavy mentally. Try to monitor your tension level throughout the day and give a check if it is going out of control. If you feel yourself a bit tightening, then take a few deep breathes and focus on the process called relaxing. Try to encourage your body to return to a state of relaxation and make sure that you don’t panic under any circumstances.
Muscle is an integral part of our body, and they are the most exercising component. They face pain and discomfort because stressing them and natural muscle relaxers are very effective in providing comfort from muscle-related issues. Suppose you face any hindrance, in terms of pain or muscle soreness. In that case, you can try on some of the natural muscle relaxing foods and natural muscle relaxing exercises to get desired benefits.