Smith squat machine one of the best leg exercises that provides deeper stretch to your muscles and helps in muscle building. If you want to build muscular legs then go for this ultimate exercise. Beginners should focus on their form while performing these exercises.
The Bulgarian split squat is one of the best exercises for leg muscles. In this exercise, your rear foot is elevated and you go much deeper as squats and lunges. This exercise is performed in a squat smith machine. Let’s know in brief about this amazing exercise.
Smith Machine Split Squat Overview
- Major muscles: Quads and glutes muscles.
- Secondary muscles: Lower back, hamstrings, core, and calves muscles
- Exercise type: Unilateral
- Difficulty Level: Intermediate
- Equipment needed: Smith machine, Weight bench
- Benefits: It is used to build more muscular quads and glutes.
Also, See How to do Standing Kickback Lunges.
How to do
- Go to the smith machine and adjust it to your shoulder height. Load your weights on the barbell. (If you are a beginner use lower weights or no weights)
- Rest the barbell on your traps. Keep your hand’s shoulder-width apart and grab the barbell with an underhand grip.
- Unlock the bar and step your left foot forward and right foot 2 feet backward as you do while performing lunges.
- Now tight your core and slowly lower down your body until your knees are at a 90-degree angle. Pause for a second and then drive back to starting position.
- Repeat and complete 2 to 3 sets of 12, 10, 10 reps each.
In this workout tutorial, we have shared the best muscle-building exercise for leg Bulgarian Split Squat Smith Machine. Try this amazing workout and add it to your daily workout routine to get results. If you are looking for the whole leg workout program check out this Workout Program for Legs.