With the alarming amount of health issues making way into our lives unknowingly, it is really important to develop a healthy lifestyle. Some may say weight loss is the first stepping stone towards a better life but the reality is different.
Fitness and lifestyle experts worldwide often say that rather than weight loss, it is always better to opt for strength training first. The process of moving towards a healthier life should begin with good stamina and core strength.
In addition to building improved core strength and stamina, there are a few more noticeable changes that are bound to happen within months of beginning strength training. Muscle buildup, improved bone, and joint conditions, better stability, a faster rate of burning calories are just the initial results that one can see.
So, are not these reasons good enough as to why strength training is the perfect starting point to move towards a healthy and fit lifestyle. Strength training can include a wide range of movements and exercise routines. The 7 exercises that are perfect for a beginner in the world of Strength Training includes
For Best Mass Gaining Supplements check out mega-muscles.com
7 Best Strength Training Workouts For Beginners
This is one of the most power-packed routines that are perfect for beginners.
Improves the core and upper body strength
It is especially effective in toning the glutes and thighs.
How to do –
- Stand in an upright position and place your feet slightly wider than your hip-width. Tighten your abs and protrude your chest out and slowly lower your posteriors as far as you can go.
- There might be slight burning and stretching of the upper thigh and core region, but that is perfectly normal.
- The knees should be at the same height as the toes and the entire weight of the body should be on the heels.
- Maintain this position for 5 seconds and stand up again down the routine 20 times and keep increasing by 5 counts every week.
- The hands can be kept at a relaxed state on the sides or folded in front of the chest. Bow squat is another variant worth trying after a few months of doing Squats.
This routine has numerous variations and can be done using many fusion incorporations.
- Improves upper body strength
- Stabilizes the spinal cord
- Tones the limbs
How to do it –
- Lie face down on the floor and place your hands on either side of your chest. Ensure that your feet are straight and your foot is touching the floor. Push yourself up using your arms.
- Extend your arms completely. Ensure that the upper body is reliant on both the hands and the lower body on the toes.
- Hold yourself in the position for 2 seconds and go down repeat the stance 25 times before resting for 1 minute and repeating again twice.
- Similar to squat, increase the number of counts by 5 times every week.
A simple yet powerful move that works wonders on the core. That’s what explains Plank in simple words.
- Stabilizes the core
- Improves spinal and arm strength
How to do it –
- Just like the pushup position, lift your body using your forearms. The arms should be at shoulder-width distance. Pull your tummy tightly inwards and stack the lower body weight on the heels.
- Hold the position for 30 seconds initially and relax. Repeat the step 5 times. Every week increase the duration of holding the upright plant position by 5 seconds.
- 1 minute plank time is the ideal goal a beginner should look to achieve.
- Mountain Climbers
A great workout routine for beginners to improve their endurance and breathing capacity.
- Help lose belly fat
- Strengthens the quads and shoulders
- Shows improvement of agility.
- Is almost a full-body workout.
How to do it –
- Get into the same position as you do plank or Push up. Ensure that your arms are placed at shoulder-width distance. Pull your right knees to your chest and release. Do the same with the left.
- The action resembles a mountaineer climbing a steep peak. Now continue alternating between the right and left at a faster pace as though you are running.
- Ensure that you do not bounce on your toes while speeding up the climbing motion.
- Begin with 2 sets of 1 minute each and then proceed to increase the duration by a minute every week. 2 sets of 5 minutes each is the perfect goal to achieve.
- Front Lunge
One of the slightly difficult routines, the Front lunge takes time to adapt to.
- Improves the quads, hamstrings, and calf muscles.
- Stabilizes the upper body
- Strengthens the lower abdomen muscles
How to do it –
- Stand tall and place one foot forward. Place your hands on your hips to stabilize the balance. Bend your legs at knee level until the thighs are perpendicular to the lower limbs. Or the thighs are parallel to the ground surface.
- Hold the position for a few seconds and get back to erect position again to do the same with the opposite leg. Count to 10 every time you have to hold position to make it easier.
- Repeat the set 5 times with each leg and increase by count every other week.
- Dumbbell Chest Press
This is one of the best routines for shaping and contouring the upper body.
- Improves the conditions of the pectorals, triceps, and shoulders.
How to do it –
- Lie on a bench and ensure your arms are perpendicular to the abdomen region. Hold the dumbbells steadily in the position and slowly bring them down sideways until your upper arm is a flat 180 degrees on both sides.
- Remember to never hyperextend your arms during this routine as that can cause serious injury. Begin with 3 sets of 10 times and then slowly increase by 5 counts every week.
- Bicycle Crunch
This is the perfect routine in case you do not have an upright bike.
- Improves abdominal and upper thigh muscles
- Works very well in toning the abs
How to do it –
- Lie face upward on the floor and lift one leg to a 90-degree angle. Place your hands behind the head and lift it slightly off the ground.
- Contract your abdominal muscles and spine and slowly begin to move your legs in the motion of riding a bike.
- Make sure to breathe in and out comfortably during the routine. Start with 2 sets of 10 moves and gradually increase by 5 moves every week.
Adding a Vibration Machine to the Strength Training routine can fasten the entire process to a great deal. Scientifically it has been proven that Vibration machines improve muscle strength and accelerate the process of calorie loss. Some of the best Vibration Machine of 2021, has numerous interesting add on features that are quite effective in a faster weight loss.
Smart additional tips that can increase the effectiveness of Strength training.
- Weigh yourself on the first day itself and set a goal weight you want to achieve. This will keep you motivated. Make sure to check your week every week on the same day to see how you are progressing.
- Invest 10 to 1 minute before any routine to stretch your body well. warming up and stretching will prevent muscle pull and bone injuries.
- Take rest for a day after every 7 to 10 days of workout.
- Always keep yourself hydrated during workouts.
- Invest in a good pair of workout shoes and a workout outfit. (if you are a girl, workout sports bras are a game-changer)
- Always keep changing the routine every few weeks. After all, you do not want monotony to become a part of workout routines.
- always eat something light before a routine. empty stomach or full stomach, both are a complete no.
The strength training routines mentioned above when done right, are bound to show miraculous results, without even needing to spend a single penny on those expensive gym memberships. It is all about investing a few minutes every day along with motivating yourself to do well at the job perfectly.