It really is an anticonvulsant and also a mood enhancer. Being an anticonvulsant, it will help treat migraines. Due to the mood enhancer, it’s going to lengthen the time passed taken between severe mood episodes in bipolar disorder.
It is useful for the long-term cure of this severe form of bipolar disorder, termed BIPOLAR 1 disorder. In addition, it is just utilized when treating bipolar I disorder in those who’re 18 decades and older who’ve been already medicated along together with additional drugs to mood episodes.
Most mood stabilizers applied to take care of bipolar disorder have been also proven to cause weight gain. But, Lamictal has been excluded. Today we are sharing a brief knowledge about Lamictal that causes weight gain or not? Let’s get started.
Lamictal Causes Weight Gain Or Not?
What is Lamictal?
It is generally used by itself or with additional medications to avoid and control seizures. It might be utilized to prevent the excessive mood swings of bipolar disorder in adults. This drug is not prescribed for children below 4 years.
According to several clinical studies, 5 percent of adults having rapid weight loss while consuming Lamictal, whereas involving 1 percent and 5 percent of individuals with bipolar 1 disorder gained weight while still to the drug. The researchers did not reveal just how much weight that the sufferers gained or lost.
Most Common Side Effects of Lamictal
- Sleeping Problem
- Sleepiness or Excessive Fatigue
- Straight Back pain
- Runny nose
- Belly pain
- Dryness in mouth
Some serious side effects of Lamictal are-
- Severe Skin Rashes- These rashes might require therapy at a single hospital. They’re also dangerous for us. The negative effect sometimes happens at any moment, however, it usually much more affect within eight weeks of therapy.
- May affect the function of Liver & Blood Cells- In some patients, it might affect the function of liver and blood cells. Here are some symptoms of these side effects.
- Common Bacterial Infections
- Intense muscle pain
- Swollen lymph glands
- Strange Swelling or Swelling
- Fatigue or Fatigue
- Yellowing of the skin or the whites of the eyes
- Inflammation of the Facial Skin Your Lips, Eyes, or tongue
- Depressional Thoughts- Another severe symptom is that it sometimes gives rise to depression and suicidal thoughts.
According to the several researches it was found that Lamictal causes weight gain only to the person who is suffering from bipolar disorders. People without any disorder are losing weight.
Do all bipolar medications cause weight gain?
The bipolar disorder could be handled using lots of medications. Many of the medications will raise your hunger and cause fluctuations in metabolic rate resulting in weight gain.
Regardless of whether a specific drug may cause weight gain or alternative side effects changes from one individual to another. Additionally, how very well the drug will work to take care of menopausal disorder signs is different from one of those. Because with the, locating the medications which most cure your signs can require any trial and malfunction.
Medications for bipolar disorder contain mood stabilizers, antipsychotics, and anti-depressants.
- Mood stabilizers help in the treatment of bipolar disorder consist of lithium (Lithobid), valproic acid (Depakene), divalproex sodium (Depakote), and lamotrigine (Lamictal). Each one of these medications is proven to improve the probability of weight gain besides lamotrigine.
It looks like aripiprazole, ziprasidone, lurasidone, and also cariprazine tend to be somewhat more weight unbiased compared to others, however, this will differ from one individual to another.
- Antidepressants together with mood stabilizers or antipsychotics can be utilized for managing bipolar disorder, although antidepressants independently can cause mania or rapid cycling in people with bipolar disorder. Some anti-depressants might become more inclined to cause weight gain compared to many others, however that may differ from one individual to another.
- Antidepressant-antipsychotic mix drugs act being a melancholy remedy and also a mood enhancer. The drug Symbyax joins the anti-depressant fluoxetine along with also the antipsychotic olanzapine and it is connected with weight gain.
Bipolar disorder can be cured by various medications. These medications will raise your hunger and metabolic rate which leads to weight gain.
Consult a Doctor
A drug that is effective properly to cure a bi-polar disorder which likewise causes the most negative effects are sometimes hard to find. In case Lamictal really isn’t a suitable drug for you personally and weight gain is still a concern, then consult with your doctor. The majority of other drugs for erectile disorder usually do cause weight gain. Your health care doctor will suggest healthful exercises, foods, or alternative strategies that might assist you to avoid weight gain.
Lamictal causes weight gain if the person is suffering from bipolar disorder. Several studies proved that Lamictal is leading to a loss in weight in some people who don’t have any disorder. Other bipolar disorder may also gain weight due to its medications. If you are suffering from any of the severe symptoms then please consult your doctor soon. These severe symptoms are really dangerous to our bodies.