Protein is the most required macronutrient that helps in maintaining all our bodily functions. If you are into fitness, then you must have heard about protein supplements. These products can help in boosting muscle growth, enhancing stamina, and improving your overall performance. There are many protein supplements available in the market, which include whey protein, soy protein, casein, pea protein, and more. However, the most used protein supplements are whey powders.
What is whey protein?
When cheese is manufactured from cow’s milk, then the milk gets separated into two parts. The liquid portion is known as whey, and the solid part is called casein. The liquid part is further processed to form whey protein supplements that can be used to enhance the performance of fitness enthusiasts. Whey protein supplements are the most popular products that are used for bodybuilding.
Whey supplements are of three types:
- Whey Protein Isolates: Isolate protein powders contain about 90 percent protein and are processed enough to make them lactose-free, fat-free, and carbs free. Apart from protein these types of supplements are also loaded with other vital nutrients and are considered the best whey protein for bodybuilding.
- Whey protein concentrate: Concentrate whey protein supplements contain 70% to 80 % protein. These whey supplements also contain lactose, carbs, and fats.
- Whey protein hydrolysate: Hydrolysate whey supplements contain about 90% proteins and zero percentage lactose. These supplements are usually considered suitable for medical supplements and are super easy to digest.
You can buy any whey protein powder according to your fitness goals.
What are the benefits of consuming whey protein supplements?
Let us have a look at some of the benefits of regular consumption of whey protein supplements:
- Boosts Stamina: Whey protein supplements are known to increase strength and promote the development of muscle mass. Regular consumption of whey supplements can help to boost your stamina and build endurance.
- Rapid Recovery Of Muscles And Tissues: After an intense exercise, the muscles and tissues of our body need to be repaired rapidly. Consuming the best whey protein powder supplements can help in stimulating protein synthesis in the muscle and speeding the repairing process.
- Lean Muscle Development: Whey protein supplements are low in fat, low in sugar, and contain almost no carbs. This ensures that we do not gulp down any kinds of unwanted calories. Thus, it provides your body with clean protein and other vital nutrients that are essential for gaining lean muscle mass.
- Aids In Weight Loss: An increase in the consumption of whey protein can help people struggling to lose weight. Whey supplements are known to help in promoting weight loss by suppressing our appetite and improving our metabolism rate, thus reducing the calorie intake.
What are the best whey supplements that can be consumed?
Here are some of the best whey protein powder in India:
- Myprotein Impact Whey Protein
- ON (Optimum Nutrition) Gold Standard 100% Whey Protein
- MuscleBlaze Biozyme Whey Protein
- MuscleBlaze Whey Protein
- Big Muscles Protein Refreshing Delicious Juicy Whey
- Ultimate Nutrition Prostar 100% Whey Protein
- MusclePharm Combat 100% Whey
- MB Fuel One Whey Protein Immunity+
- MuscleBlaze Whey Gold Protein
- Dymatize Elite 100% Whey Protein
- MuscleBlaze Whey Performance (70%) Protein
- MuscleTech NitroTech Performance Series
You must include whey protein in your daily diet to increase your protein intake. However, to get the maximum benefit do not forget to do some exercises like weight training, muscle building, or cardio workouts. If you have any questions, then feel free to connect with us.